CASE STUDY: HILLINGDON YOUTH OFFENDING SERVICES
How relevant insights are enabling Hillingdon and its police force to safeguard young people across the Borough.
Hillingdon Youth Offending Service - www.hillingdon.gov.uk
The project took just two weeks from initial engagement to dashboard delivery.
Hillingdon was introduced to Catalyst BI (Catalyst) through the Office for Data Analytics, which is managed by Avon and Somerset Police. Hillingdon was keen to discover more about the analytical capabilities provided by Qlik and the benefits of working with a Qlik Elite Partner such as Catalyst.
Catalyst quickly showed Hillingdon how Qlik technology could help and worked with them to scope out the project, to include gaining an understanding of the data set required, metrics and desired outcomes.
- Fresh picture of activity across the Borough daily
- Identification of young people and other areas considered to be at risk and they can target interventions accordingly
- Qlik Sense has widened their capabilities, enabling them to work closely with community safety teams and neighbourhood police teams in areas they believe to be of concern.
- Though early intervention and by taking proactive steps they have improved outcomes.
- Health data helps Hillingdon to achieve additional insights which are then shared directly back to health partners
and even how many delivery drivers
- Analytics now show which schools require targeted resources for sexual health or knife crime
Hillingdon now pinpoint where support is required and send youth worker teams to identified hotspots
"Catalyst was a good fit for us, they have huge expertise in their area and understood how this could be best applied to achieve what we wanted and beyond. They quickly became familiar with the sources of data we work with and how these could best be displayed in dashboards. Having analytics at our fingertips has had a tremendous impact and taken us to the next level."