Senior Qlik Consultant
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
As a Senior Qlik Consultant you will work with stakeholders at all levels to understand and interpret their challenges and requirements, as well as interrogating the underlying data sources, in order to develop and maintain high quality Qlik centered solutions which unlock insights, drive performance and ultimately create value for our customers. The consultancy and development lifecycle will encompass a range of skills including effective questioning to gather requirements, systems architecture design, data modelling and scripting, UI/UX design, system administration and training delivery.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively to ensure the solutions developed are of the highest standard and in line with customer expectations. The ability to interpret business requirements and explain technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences is essential.
As a Senior Qlik Consultant you will be expected to lead on and be accountable for project deliveries, providing oversight of a delivery team which may include both internal and external resources. As project lead you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables and the overall client engagement, ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for reporting internally and externally on project progress and for taking appropriate action to mitigate and respond to risks and issues to ensure the successful delivery of projects. To successfully lead on project deliveries, you will need to employ a range of skills including project management, organisation and time management, effective communication, problem solving and critical thinking and leadership/management. Collaboration and communication with internal and external stakeholders will be key to ensuring success.
Using your technical and analytical expertise, together with a focus on delivering excellence in customer service, you will develop robust, long term relationships with our customers and collaborate with colleagues across teams to drive adoption and customer success.
As a Senior Consultant you will use your experience and expertise to support, mentor and coach less experienced team members to help develop the skills and capabilities of Qlik Consultants working within the Catalyst BI Qlik Practice.
Project Delivery, Consultancy & Development
- Use effective questioning and listening to gather requirements.
- Work collaboratively with customers to develop solutions based on the Qlik platform (and other complementary technologies) in accordance with the
- Catalyst BI methodology and defined quality standards.
- Produce professional documentation as required to support project deliveries.
- Deliver training on products and solutions within the Qlik Platform.
- Lead on project deliveries, providing oversight to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard, on time and to budget.
- Effectively manage and communicate project progress, risks and issues.
- Quality Assurance and peer review of work.
Customer Service & Support
- Diagnose technical support issues, propose solutions and escalate (with Qlik support, other 3rd party suppliers or internally) where appropriate, maintaining regular communication with the customer.
Supporting Sales & Customer Success
- Scoping and estimating work.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to support the sales and customer success team.
- Write Statements of Work and provide input into proposals/tender responses to support the sales cycle.
- Develop and deliver customised product demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Develop solutions and supporting assets to demonstrate the capabilities of Qlik products.
- Identify opportunities to increase customer success and uptake of Catalyst BI services and solutions.
- Support the Qlik Practice Lead in the management of the Catalyst BI Qlik practice as directed.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of the Qlik Practice, for example, through development of IP such as new training courses, input into development standards or development of internal reporting solutions.
- Provide hands-on support to colleagues with technical queries and knowledge transfer.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to help develop the skills and expertise of more junior team members.
- Ownership of ongoing personal and professional development.
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
“I’ve been with Catalyst for just over a month and I know already that this was the challenge I’ve been looking for ... the place to be as it were! The engagement and support of the other Consultants, Account Managers and even Leadership has been overwhelming. It’s all about working together as a team at every level. This is instilled in you from day 1 and the confidence it gives you is infectious. I’m very much looking forward to what the next few months .. years even, bring”
"I am pleased that I made the decision to join Catalyst IT. It is a growing company and everyone has made me feel welcome. The Qlik consultancy team is very knowledgeable, with specialist skills covering all aspects of Qlik, which means there is always someone who knows the answer! And even though most of us are working remotely and we’re busy helping customers, there is always time dedicated to bringing everyone together, which really makes me feel like I’m part of a team."
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Expert knowledge in the features, benefits and application of products within the Qlik platform.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a high level of commercial awareness.
- A clear and concise communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to articulate ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a collaborative and supportive style.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to understand internal and external task dependencies.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop team members effectively.