WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
As a Data Engineer you will understand and interpret data challenges and requirements, as well as interrogating the underlying data sources, in order to develop high quality Data Warehousing and ETL Pipelining solutions to unlock insights, drive performance and ultimately create value for our customers.
The development lifecycle will encompass a range of skills including effective questioning to gather requirements, systems and solutions design, scripting, system administration and training delivery.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively to ensure the solutions developed are of the highest standard and in line with customer expectations. The ability to interpret business requirements and explain technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences is essential.
Using your technical and analytical expertise, together with a focus on delivering excellence in customer service, you will develop robust, long term relationships with our customers and collaborate with colleagues across teams to drive adoption and customer success.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of the Data Management team, for example, through development of IP such as new training courses, input into development standards or development of internal reporting solutions.
- Provide hands-on support to colleagues with technical queries and knowledge transfer.
- Ownership of ongoing personal and professional development.
- Complete Certifications and Training (Azure Data Factory and Snowflake).
Customer Service and Support
- Diagnose technical support issues, propose solutions and escalate (with Vendor support, other 3rd party suppliers or internally) where appropriate, maintaining regular communication with the customer.
Supporting Sales & Customer Success
- Scoping and estimating work.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to support the sales and customer success team.
- Develop and deliver customised product demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Develop solutions and supporting assets to demonstrate the capabilities of our products.
- Identify opportunities to increase customer success and uptake of Catalyst services and solutions.
Project Delivery, Consultancy & Development
- Use effective questioning and listening to gather requirements.
- Design, build and implement data pipelines and data structures using Azure Data Factory and SSIS whilst taking ownership for the delivery of key solution components.
- Produce professional documentation as required to support project deliveries.
- Deliver training on products and solutions within the Snowflake, Microsoft and Qlik Platforms (Training and support will be provided).
- Report on project progress, risks and issues.
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
“I’ve been with Catalyst for just over a month and I know already that this was the challenge I’ve been looking for ... the place to be as it were! The engagement and support of the other Consultants, Account Managers and even Leadership has been overwhelming. It’s all about working together as a team at every level. This is instilled in you from day 1 and the confidence it gives you is infectious. I’m very much looking forward to what the next few months .. years even, bring”
"I am pleased that I made the decision to join Catalyst IT. It is a growing company and everyone has made me feel welcome. The Qlik consultancy team is very knowledgeable, with specialist skills covering all aspects of Qlik, which means there is always someone who knows the answer! And even though most of us are working remotely and we’re busy helping customers, there is always time dedicated to bringing everyone together, which really makes me feel like I’m part of a team."
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Expert knowledge and delivery experience in the features, benefits and application of products Such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Azure Data Factory.
- Solid understanding of cloud data warehousing concepts and data manipulation skills for analytics. With Experience working with both structured and semi structured data sets.
- Experience in building Data warehouses, Enterprise Data Warehouses, and Data Lakes
- Excellent understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and a clear understanding about defining data integration framework, standards and principles.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- A passion to learn the latest cloud based data warehousing technologies including Snowflake and Microsoft Synapse.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A clear and concise communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to articulate ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a collaborative and supportive style.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to understand internal and external task dependencies.
- Have working knowledge of Qlik, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau
- Have working knowledge of Azure DevOps